I am sorry to say that I have not enjoyed this Touchas (small Pu-erh) tea rolls. Because when growing Diyi Cornfields, farmers plant rows of corn between the tea to protect it, as this imparts flavors of corn and butter that new to pu-erh tea drinkers are supposed to enjoy.

I find I prefer no butter with my pu-erh. Nor the smelling of corn; tasting nachos, or tortilla chips both of which I do not like.

I am sorry, this could be an enjoyable tea if one could hold their nostrils or clip it so as not to smell the butter or corn smelling to be found in the cup. I do like corn chowder but this is not it. I tend to dislike all things smelling like butter; a touch is nice but not runny or swimming in it.

I am at a loss for the spearmint to be found in the cup as well (but not) which would make it even worse. I mean I could not discern any spearmint, just corn and butter…yellow imagery but not in color since it is a dark amber.

Charles Thomas Draper

I have to try this one….

Nathaniel Gruber

Yeah, this is a very interesting tea. I think one thing to keep in mind is that this tea is labeled as having a strong and assertive corn flavor and aroma to it. I too did not like this one the first time I tried it, but that’s because I was comparing it to some of the best pu’er I’ve had. Once I realized that I shouldn’t compare it to those but rather judge it for what it is, I had a much easier time drinking it.

I know where you’re coming from, but with this one I would say give it a few more tries…if you still don’t like it, it’s probably just not your cup of tea (heh heh).

seule771

Turns out I am not anybody’s cup of tea.

The label is true to form, no mistaking that. What is it they say: WYSIWYG…in taste that is.
And Tiny Tim says: God Bless US Everyone. Except for her…me!

Bonnie

What I don’t understand is why grade a tea at all if the problem is not the tea but personal preference? This could have been just as well the finest oolong in the world but if there was butter …well …down goes the rating. Makes no sense. One should comment and leave the rating blank.

Angrboda

I believe the lower end of the scale is there so that we can use it. I honestly don’t understand the idea of avoiding putting a grading on something we didn’t much like as if we should be slightly ashamed that we didn’t like it. All that does in the end is just shortening the scale and moving the lower end upwards, and then what? Should we not use the new lower end?

I would have done exactly the same here if had been me. If I don’t like something then I can’t comment on how awesome it is supposed to be. I can only write about my personal experience of it, and while that may not in agreement with everybody else, at least it’s honest. As for whether or not it should be rated, well. If I can’t use the lower end of the scale on something others consider suuperior, then I would request that others refrain from using any of the higher ratings on something that I find to be inferior. It’s the same difference.

Bonnie

I guess I have a different standard. So why drink a chocolate tea for instance knowing you hate chocolate just to bash the tea! How is that the fault of the tea? You may as well say I hate blue and Angrboda has a blue shirt on so I don’t like her! Disrespectful!

Comments

Charles Thomas Draper

I have to try this one….

Nathaniel Gruber

seule771

Turns out I am not anybody’s cup of tea.

And Tiny Tim says: God Bless US Everyone. Except for her…me!

Angrboda