This tea was given to me from a former college professor. I was very surprised to receive a full tin of tea. The tin is very lovely, I plan to keep it once finished, but not for a long while since I cannot drink the tea as fast.

Having placed 1 tsp of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water
Bringing the water to full boil and left to steep for the first steep for 3 minutes.

I note the color of the liquor in the cup is a reddish brown
The leaves prior to boiling were black and finely curled, are now full leaves and still retaining their color black. I was able to get three steeps out the leaves and they still remain black.

In tasting this tea, it is not bitter but more sugary and round. I want to say almost malt like even with a slight floral undertone.

Overall: this is a very smooth tasting tea; reminds me of The London Cuppa tea I continue to enjoy in between tea samplings; thus making this tea like a Darjeeling perhaps.

It is nice knowing that there is plenty more of this tea for me to enjoy and experience; many thanks to my former college professor.

seule771

I mentioned that I would keep the tin from this tea and I found on Etsy.com a similar tin depicting a clock.

There is talent everywhere. I am sorry I lack initiative and the likes for making money or to accept money. Most don’t care where it comes from. Sorry, t’is tea clock I am discussing.

Comments

seule771

Sterling, MA