drank Genmai-cha by Yamamotoyama

This is a lovely tea and I am fortunate to have purchased several varieties (all of which are Genmai-cha) but different from each other. (roasted as opposed to steamed is an example)

Color: light brown
Tasting notes: Green tea with roasted brown rice
Characteristic: nutty, grainy, and roasted

This tea is a nutty brown rice flavor which combines well with the green tea. It is a distinctive mix of flavors and aroma, which makes the tea a soothing choice for after meals and throughout the day.

I find I prefer this tea served hot with the suggested steeping of 2-3 minutes. The almost sweet, roasted flavor of the rice contributes nicely to making one feel full, as if having consumed a meal. Or if hungry to go and have dinner while continuing to enjoy the tea.

Tea was purchased at Miso Market; visit them at (www.misomarketasian.com) or visit Yamamotoyama directly at http://www.yamamotoyama.com.