This blend was the most intriguing of all of the blends. Mate with sliced pistachios and actual pieces of limes. I was mortified and intrigued all at once, I had to try this blend.
When I finally got a chance, I was on my fourth cup of blended Mate drinks for the night. I was overloaded with liquids and my senses were heightened, but I was not going to not review it….right?
I immediately am taken a back by the smell, I say to myself, “this smells awful, pistachio and lime, what was Fusion Room thinking?” I brew a stout batch, and dig in…GLORIOUS! The team work of the pistachio and the lime worked wonderfully. At first I thought was going to be a dud, turned out to be great. They worked well together, and the smell was mellowed out when brewed. The Mate was not incredibly potent, but with a crazy blend like this, I did not expect to. I could taste the Mate though which I could not believe.
Awesome Blend

Shade Tree Mate is an exposure site and blog for Yerba Mate, and now a new Herbal Tea from Ecuador ‘Guayusa.’

My goal for the blog and site is to be a driving force in the industry where every aspect of Mate is covered. I love Mate, and it is my passion and I hope to spread the word, as well as inform and entertain.

I want to make Yerba Mate/Guayusa as nostalgic as Coffee is in consumers’ eyes.

Denver, CO