Chai? Where!? This tastes the red hot candies, or perhaps one of those atomic fire balls (minus the burning sensation on your tongue). This tastes like a sweet cinnamon candy had been dropped in a pot of hot water and then that is your “tea”. It wasn’t bad per se if you like that kind of thing, but it wasn’t good in my book.

VegTea

I must say I kind of liked this when I sampled it at Teavana. I thought, “Oh, hey, I don’t normally like chai without milk and sugar.” But then I saw that it was “lightly sweetened.” I think sugar is their secret ingredient for selling teas. :) Now that you mention it, it was a bit like a red hot – though I liked a sip of it, I probably wouldn’t enjoy a full cup.

Comments

VegTea

I am a tea enthusiast who is always looking to try a new tea, but my all time favorite is jasmine pearls…or anything with jasmine in it really. I also am a sushi fanatic and simply can’t live without it. Outside of my fanatasy world of all things tea and sushi I am an executive assistant, mother of 2 and personal taxi/maid and chef service for my little family.

But back to the tea!

I love Jasmine Pearls, just about any White Tea and then we have Pu-erh coming in last as my top three.

However, I still enjoy a good Earl Grey tea, the more bergamot the better! I have a fond place in my heart for Matcha, especially iced Matcha Lattes. Flavored green teas are always fun, but I tend to stay away from the overly grassy tasting ones… they always remind me of a wheatgrass shot!

It takes a special black tea to really win me over, for me I find that they all taste too much alike or tend to be too bitter at times; I think I am more so bored with them.

Oolongs are fairly new to me and I am finding that these are really good and they will probably end up making it as one of my top contenders!

Pu-erh I have yet to try; I am very curious, but a bit scared to try it… something about being aged in a cave just frightens me a bit, but I would like to try one in the very near future :-) Update – I have tried a few pu-erhs and I can’t get enough of them! While they are definitely an acquired taste they are lovely! This has now taken over rooibos in my top 3 teas of choice!

Texas