With all the red leaf teas I’ve tried, the flavour is INTENSE! (which, for the record, I rather like! :)) It smells strongly of fortified wine, such as a port or a sherry, which is odd considering marsala is a white wine… the cinnamon isn’t as prominent as I feared it would be… it’s actually very well balanced. I find that’s very difficult to achieve given the distinctiveness of the flavour. It lends a sweetness to the tea that is unexpected. Perhaps it is the cinnamon that makes it more sherry-like. The black tea base is perhaps what gives it a red wine characteristic from the tannins. All of the aforementioned qualities make this a lovely after supper sipper.

Self-professed foodie, wino, and tea-aholic. I love good food and good company, and along with that goes good times shared over a pot of tea.

When it comes to tea, I don’t discriminate. I like it all. Straight, flavoured, white, black, like it all. That being said, quality does matter and I’ve got to be in the mood. When it comes to flavoured teas, I like them BIG and BOLD. I’m particularly fond of vanilla, both scent and flavours so I’m still on a mission to find the best vanilla-flavoured tea. So far vanilla orchid by DAVIDs is winning, but I have a ways to go before I declare a winner!

Always open to swapping and talking with other like-minded people. Feel free to get in touch or follow me! :)

Mount Pearl, Newfoundland