drank Greenbelt by Tea Embassy

This is kind of an odd duck. Greenbelt is a mix of green yerba mate, green tea (unspecified kind), coconuts, cherry, and some flowers including cornflower blossoms and roses. I swear that at the store or on one of their websites, marzipan was listed as an ingredient, but I guess I’m wrong. There is definitely a strong smell of marzipan in the dry leaves, though.

This brews up to an almost radioactive yellow, I guess from the green yerba mate. I can definitely taste an almondy/coconut flavor similar to marzipan, but not as syrupy or sweet. Then the cherry, and a slight floral finish. I can barely taste any green tea; this tastes more like an herbal than anything else.

It’s soothing and relaxing. It’s definitely a tea to think on.

Jillian

Interesting. It’s sounds almost like a flavoured tea I just got from my local tea shop yesterday, minus the marzipan and rose. I think it’s called White Rain or something similar. I’ll have to see if it tastes anything like you described. :)

Comments

Jillian

I’m (almost) always up for a trade, so comment on a tasting note if you’re interested. I try to keep my cupboard up to date.

I’m a 23 year-old grant writer who loves having a good strong tea by my side as I write. I love The Mountain Goats, cooking, the Steelers, writing, beer, and singing in my office band.

Chicago