drank Coconut Chai by Zhi Tea

Again, this is very good – nice and sweet, but not overpowering, and you definitely taste the coconut – but it’s very mild for a chai.

IdentiTEA

A mild chai, you say? Did you add milk or drink it straight up?

Bethany

Straight up. I made it once with milk before, and it was even milder.

IdentiTEA

Awesome. I’ve been on the look out for a mild chai… because with most of the chai’s I’ve had, it seems like they just throw a bunch of cloves at you and call it “spiced”… uh, no. I’ll have to look into this one. Thanks for posting the note.

Bethany

Yes, it’s definitely good, just a bit mild for me. Zhi’s Kashmiri Chai is very similar, but with a green base and no coconut. I’d recommend them both.

denisend

Tavalon has a mild chai as well (I think it’s the vanilla that smooths it out) – the Kama Chai Sutra. I like a strong chai, so I didn’t rate it very high, but for a mild chai with the traditional spice blend it may be what you’re looking for. If you wait until Tavalon is featured in the Steepster Select, you can use the 20% off coupon, too!

Comments

IdentiTEA

A mild chai, you say? Did you add milk or drink it straight up?

Bethany

Straight up. I made it once with milk before, and it was even milder.

denisend

I’m (almost) always up for a trade, so comment on a tasting note if you’re interested. I try to keep my cupboard up to date.

I’m a 23 year-old grant writer who loves having a good strong tea by my side as I write. I love The Mountain Goats, cooking, the Steelers, writing, beer, and singing in my office band.

Chicago