2 min steep
maybe i should have gone even less.
in fact i’m sure i should have gone less.
even before tasting it i can smell bitter before i smell pumpkin :(
try again next time.

KittyLovesTea

This is one tea that works well with an added sugar and drop of milk. I bought a pouch a while ago and found that it helps bring out the creaminess.

Em

I steeped for 2:30 and it wasn’t bitter at all. I agree with KittyLovesTea, it was better with a bit of milk and sugar.

Frolic

Maybe bring the temp down to 205 or 200 if you’re making it at boiling.

Shmiracles

all great advice! thank you! i learn a lot from reading reviews but having actual guidance is priceless. i will have another cup later tonight and i’m sure it will be superb!

canadianadia

I still haven’t tried the milk and sugar thing (but I’m sure it would be delicious). I agree with bringing down the temp and also with being careful not to over-steep.

Comments

KittyLovesTea

Em

Frolic

Maybe bring the temp down to 205 or 200 if you’re making it at boiling.

Shmiracles

canadianadia

THAT’S NUMBERWANG!

i have a cat named House Party 3.

i drink my tea plain.

vegan. fine arts major. bass player. runner. yoga do-er. childfree. scifi fan. e-reader fanatic. knitting newb. ADHD club member (ie; all my exclamation points are for realz!!)

i’m always aspiring to read more books.

i don’t care what you say, chamomile is barfaroony.
i’m so over rooibos.
evil hibiscus is evil.

some tea pictures!

Steepster’s Ultimate Fan Fic Thread!

i only log each tea i taste once.

!!! SWAPPING !!!

ALWAYS interested in reducing my tea stash, so please ask if you want to swap or sample something! even if it’s just one tea.

every tea in my cupboard is swapable! (at least i TRY to keep it up to date)
every tea i have tried is listed in my rated teas.

Virginia, USA