i started out with a 20 sec steeping, and then kinda just went for 1 min to 1:30 steepings.
i’m not a puerh pro. but i’ve been lucky enough to have a few that have blown my mind. and that made me permanently curious.
i’m sampling 3 puerhs right now. all fairly extremely different. and i have 3 more to sample next. (i find sampling any more than 3 at one time and they tend to get cold)

this one is not creamy for me. even now on the 4th steeping i don’t get a smoothness that the description talks about. though it definitely is a less dirt-esqu puerh than i’m used to. i think i’m just more acquainted with shus. i do taste the nuttiness and plantains dryness described. that part is acurate for me. but nope, no apricot or creaminess in my cup. not yet anyways. maybe a few more steeps will bring it out.

also i may have started my day with a sour ale and a double ipa so my tastebuds could be on the top deck of a cruise boat while i sit here in my kitchen. hah

happy sunday ya’ll!

Lynne-tea

Sour ale?! Tell me more!

Shmiracles

sour beers have a kind of vinegary flavor profile to them. i didn’t like them at first when i had one years ago, but now i love the opportunity to try a new sour. they remind me of kombucha a lot. probably cuz i’m a tea lover AND a beer lover, i tend to compare the two drinks a lot. beer! aka hoppy tea! https://untappd.com/user/shmiracles/checkin/39969765

Comments

Lynne-tea

Sour ale?! Tell me more!

Shmiracles

THAT’S NUMBERWANG!

i have a cat named House Party 3.

i drink my tea plain.

vegan. fine arts major. bass player. runner. yoga do-er. childfree. scifi fan. e-reader fanatic. knitting newb. ADHD club member (ie; all my exclamation points are for realz!!)

i’m always aspiring to read more books.

i don’t care what you say, chamomile is barfaroony.
i’m so over rooibos.
evil hibiscus is evil.

some tea pictures!

Steepster’s Ultimate Fan Fic Thread!

i only log each tea i taste once.

!!! SWAPPING !!!

ALWAYS interested in reducing my tea stash, so please ask if you want to swap or sample something! even if it’s just one tea.

every tea in my cupboard is swapable! (at least i TRY to keep it up to date)
every tea i have tried is listed in my rated teas.

Virginia, USA