The rose flavor really hits you in this one so if you aren’t a floral tea fan I would suggest skipping it, it pretty much overwhelms the green tea. I love that this is unsweetened, but it has a slightly bitter taste from the Ascorbic Acid. You’ll find that in pretty much any bottled tea, although I think it is more noticeable in this one.

This is probably one of my favorite bottled teas and I remember how shocked I was when I first saw it. I love rose tea! This one is rather hard to find around here, but I generally keep a couple of bottles in the cooler when we go on road trips. Now that I live up north is is absolutely impossible to find fresh brewed tea at the gas stations and I refuse to stop at McDonalds for tea (my only other option on my route down south.)

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea