Is it bad that I bought this tea just for the tin? Gypsy Rose came as part of a set of 4 different types of tea all in one tin. I liked the individual sections for the different teas and knew that even if I didn’t like the tea I would reuse the tin when I travel.

I love rose tea and it is so rare to find it bagged that I almost always buy it when I see it. I’m a sucker like that. I didn’t think this tea was bad, but it I also didn’t think it was anything special either. The rose was on the strong side, but not overwhelming and the black tea was a bit weak, but not terrible. I wouldn’t suggest going a full five minutes with this one, even though the tin suggests 3-5 minutes. I think the rose would start to overpower the tea.

At 6.99 per tin this was a bit on the pricey side for the quality of the tea. I don’t really think I would buy this again for myself, but it might make a nice gift for someone just getting started with tea. The four flavors in the tin are pretty fun combinations.

I do stuff like that too….buy teas for the tins…

I do stuff like that too….buy teas for the tins…

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Cinnamon, Chocolate, Burdock Root, and Goji Berries

FORLIFE Curve Teapot, 24oz
Adagio ingenuiTEA, 16oz
Adagio Iced ingenuiTEA, 32oz
Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea