drank Summer Rose by Adagio Teas
2017 tasting notes

I had a really hard time picking the rose out of this once it cooled off, it’s really subtle. If you aren’t a fan of overly floral rose teas then this might be a good one to try out. It tends to fall into the to weak category in my opinion, but it isn’t a bad tea. I seem to have that reaction to Adagio teas quite a bit so I think next time around I’ll use 1.5 teaspoons per 8 oz since I like my tea a bit stronger. One thing I was pleasantly surprised about what that it wasn’t really bitter at all and I’ve come across many rose teas that are. I attribute that to the 3 minute steep time even though this is a black tea. I think that with a longer steep this could easily become rather bitter.

I did resteep this and while it wasn’t bad, I didn’t taste the rose at all. Honestly, I didn’t really expect to, I noticed that after the initial steep the rose petals had gone completely white.

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea