When I first opened the packaged I got the overwhelm craving for chocolate covered strawberries. This tea smells just like the big juicy ones my husband buys me for valentines day.

Overall I thought this was a really unique blend and probably something I wouldn’t have thought to order myself. It was a nice surprise finding it included with my order. I find that I don’t tend to like chocolate in my tea (I’m a real snob when it comes to the quality of chocolate) so this one surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. I really think the Indian black tea and Saffron are a great pairing, I really like the combination. Once steeped you can still taste the chocolate and saffron although the strawberry didn’t come through as much as I expected. I did notice it a lot more once this cooled to room temperature.

I don’t think this tea needs to be sweetened, I find that added any sort of sweetener (i tried several) tends to mask some of the more subtle flavors.

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Cinnamon, Chocolate, Burdock Root, and Goji Berries

FORLIFE Curve Teapot, 24oz
Adagio ingenuiTEA, 16oz
Adagio Iced ingenuiTEA, 32oz
Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea