With my first order from Persimmon Tree Tea Company I received a 1oz sample of White Guava. I’m not really familiar with Guava and it doesn’t seem to be a common ingredient in teas, but I love white peony which is the base of this blend. I do have to say that I was impressed with the packaging of this tea, it arrived only 3 days after I ordered it, packaged in an air tight tin which will keep my tea nice and fresh.

After drinking this tea all day I hardly made a dent in the sample tin, this tea resteeps incredibly well. The main flavor that comes across is the white peony, but the guava gives it a subtle sweetness that works wonderfully with the white peony. I don’t really taste the strawberry and only the barest hint of the ginger. The overall flavor is mild, but since this is a white blend that is really what I expected. This is the perfect addition to my summer rotation, I can’t wait to try it iced tomorrow because I’m sure it will be amazing.

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Cinnamon, Chocolate, Burdock Root, and Goji Berries

FORLIFE Curve Teapot, 24oz
Adagio ingenuiTEA, 16oz
Adagio Iced ingenuiTEA, 32oz
Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea