drank Earl Grey Creme by Teavana

I’ve been bugging my swap partners for more EGCs to try and I got a sample of this from scribbles, thanks so much!

I don’t normally talk about the smell of the dry leaves, but in this case I feel that I need to. I almost didn’t make a cup of this because the smell was so off-putting and chemical smelling, it made my nose burn a little. I was all set to have yet another tea from Teavana that I hated, but this one was a bit of a surprise because I don’t mind it, I just don’t think it would be something I would buy myself.

It isn’t the best EGC, in fact, it hardly resembles one at all because it is so strong and lacks the creamy feel that the others I have tried have had. The bergamot comes through first and leaves an after taste that I don’t like. The vanilla hardly comes across at all and I only get a little bit of it in the end. This one left me a little disappointed, but it was perfectly drinkable.

scribbles

I found this one really strong scented as well. I almost got put off ever trying another EGC because of it.

Short Sorceress

I could see how you would get put off trying another EGC because of it. If I had started with it I might have felt the same way. Culinary Teas has a great EGC that the Bergamot isn’t nearly as strong in and it’s very creamy. I think you would like it.

Comments

scribbles

Short Sorceress

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea