First off, I would like to thank Angel at TeaVivre for sending me these samples. She was incredibly generous in the amount of tea she sent me last month and I look forward to trying them all.

My first steep of this tea was very light in both color and taste. I had difficulty tasting the jasmine, but there was a very subtle sweetness from the peach. What I love about this was that this tea tastes like a genuine peach, and is in fact the only peach tea I can say that about.

The jasmine pearls were just beginning to unfurl in my pot on my second steep, releasing more flavor into this cup. It was noticeably darker and tasted more like a green tea. I still can’t taste the jasmine in this steep, but the peach flavor has gotten slightly stronger. There is also a bit of astringency this time, but nothing that would make this cup undrinkable.
I noticed that the astringency was much stronger in subsequent steeps. Ultimately I steeped this six times with fairly pleasing results, although I found that I preferred the taste of the cups that steeped for less time. After the first three steeps I started to play around more. I went back to shorter steep times in order to minimize the astringency in each cup.

Since I decided that I enjoyed the cups with a shorter steep time I opened a second sample pack and played around with my steep times. This time I started at 1m and increased my time 15s each steep, so my times were 1m, 1m15s, 1m30s, 1m45s, 2m, 2m15s. I think that for my tastes these times work best for me. I also think that it may be possible to steep more than six times this way and still end up with an enjoyable tea. It was already after midnight when I got to this point so I stopped.

One last thing I want to mention is that this tea is truly amazing when served cold. The peach is less subtle than it was while hot and I noticed the sweetness more.

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea