I would like to thank Angel with TeaVivre for providing me with this sample. When I first opened my package I was surprised with the care they took when packaging the sample. Not only was it vacuum sealed in a foil pack, but the tea inside was also wrapped in plastic to preserve the flavor.

My first steep was a pale golden color with a tinge of green. The aroma and scent from this steep was very floral, almost overwhelmingly so while it was hot. There was a bit of astringency while the tea was still hot, but it disappeared once it cooled. It also had a subtle sweetness that I noticed towards the end of each sip.

My second and third steeps were slightly darker in color and more golden. One thing that I have noticed is that the floral flavors become much more apparent with each additional infusion. There is also a bit of a mineral taste with these steeps that I only noticed while the tea was still hot. Once it cooled to room temperature it, as well as the slight astringency I noticed, completely disappeared.

This tea has such a depth to it that makes it a little hard to describe and I noticed immediately that the flavor isn’t like any other oolong that I’ve had. It very quickly became my new favorite oolong.

i have been hearing good things about teavivre…. hmmm. insert head shake and stern lecture: NOT NOT NOT until august!!!!

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Cinnamon, Chocolate, Burdock Root, and Goji Berries

FORLIFE Curve Teapot, 24oz
Adagio ingenuiTEA, 16oz
Adagio Iced ingenuiTEA, 32oz
Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea