This is the first of the teas from my epic swap with JustJames. The teas he sent will keep me busy for awhile :) Thank you!

I wasn’t going to break into my latest swap box yet, but I saw this and wanted to compare it side-by-side with the Monkey Picked Oolong from Teavana that I had earlier. At $22 per 2oz it is slightly less expensive than the Monkey Picked, but in my opinion still overpriced for the quality.

Even though I think it is overpriced, I do prefer this over the Monkey Picked. It has a nice creamy floral taste to it that the Monkey Picked did not have. I haven’t had a chance to resteep this yet to see how it holds up so I’ll post some more later when I do.

Edited to note that gummy worms do not pair well with this Oolong… I’m not really sure what I was thinking, must be the confusion over not finding candied fruit in a tea from Teavana. Or it could just be the lack of sleep, hard to tell at this point.

JustJames

gummy worms? LMAO. excellent. so glad the package found you!

Short Sorceress

What can I say, I got the munchies tonight ::grins:: and it just so happens that I made dirt with worms (chocolate pudding, oreos, and gummy worms) as a treat for my son last night.

JustJames

i always thought that one was fun.

Short Sorceress

Me too, but I was shocked he didn’t want to eat more than a bite of it. I think he may have my chocolate allergy, he seems to turn his nose up at it lately. I may have to switch it up next time and use vanilla pudding, vanilla oreos, and gummy sharks. Sharks on the beach is a pretty fun dessert too.

Comments

JustJames

gummy worms? LMAO. excellent. so glad the package found you!

JustJames

i always thought that one was fun.

Short Sorceress

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea