drank S'mores by Della Terra Teas
1940 tasting notes

This tea really was the deciding factor for me picking up Della Terra’s Chocolate Sampler Pack, the idea of a s’mores tea really piqued my interest. Rather than relying solely on flavoring agents for this blend they included real chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and graham crackers. I think this was a wise move on their part, I don’t think I would have enjoyed this nearly as much if they had only used flavorings.

The first thing that struck me about this blend was how spot on it smelled upon opening the package. I’m not sure I want to admit to you just how long I stood there sniffing it, it just smelled that good. It also did not disappoint once steeped like many chocolate teas have done for me. While the flavors of the chocolate, marshmallow, and graham cracker were very subtle I thought that they were balanced perfectly. No one flavor took the spotlight and I was still able to taste the black base.

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea