Thanks go to JustJames for sending this to me in our epic swap.

I love oolong, so this immediately intrigued me because I’ve never had a chocolate oolong before. Honestly, I think this one has a lot of potential, but my first attempt using 1t per 6oz left it a little weak tasting. For my next attempt I’ll double the leaf and see if that helps. If all else fails, I can see this making a decent latte.

The scent is a heavy on the coconut, but the coconut only adds a hint of sweetness to the final brew. The chocolate flavoring is more of a background note. I do like that it tastes more realistic than a lot of the artificially flavored chocolate teas that I’ve had. I got the impression of dark chocolate, but it left me wanting more. Several of the ingredients I couldn’t taste while this was hot. The licorice really starts to stand out at the end of each sip once this has cooled.

JustJames

i really liked the chestnuts in this one, and yes, it makes an awesome latte. ;-)

Comments

JustJames

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:
Pu-erh

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Allergies

Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea