I would like to thank Martin from LIttle Red Cup Tea Company for providing me with this sample to review. I’ve been very impressed with the teas I have sampled this week.

After a long day of drinking copious amounts of coffee (which is unusual for me) this was a wonderful treat. Had I not known it ahead of time I could have easily mistaken this for a white tea because of it’s gentle flavor. The flavors that I picked up were rather unexpected, there were elements that reminded me of a white tea and others that reminded me more of a green. It also had that buttery flavor and almost silky mouthfeel that I absolutely love. What impressed me beyond the flavor was how well the tea resteeped, I was able to enjoy three cups of tea from one serving of leaf. I wasn’t expecting that out of such an inexpensive tea, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised. All of the teas I’ve sampled from Little Red Cup have resteeped very well.

I am always interested in swapping so if you see anything in my cupboard that you want to try just send me a message. Please keep in mind that I order most of my teas in sample sizes and may not have a lot to swap. I’m also trying to keep my swaps limited to one a month so I don’t break the bank.

My favorite tea companies to order from are American Tea Room, Butiki, Della Terra, Rishi, TeaVivre, and Verdant, however I am constantly lured away from my favorites by a good sale.

Ingredients I love in tea
rose, peach, oolong, osmanthus, vanilla, marshmallow root and peppermint

Ingredients I dislike in tea:
spearmint, chocolate, orange, hibiscus, sage and for the most part lemon.

Ingredients I’m on the fence about:

I am a firm believer that sage only belongs in my thanksgiving stuffing/dressing and absolutely not in my tea.

Cinnamon, Chocolate, Burdock Root, and Goji Berries

FORLIFE Curve Teapot, 24oz
Adagio ingenuiTEA, 16oz
Adagio Iced ingenuiTEA, 32oz
Zojirushi Water Pot, 4L
Libbey Country Fair drinking jars for ice tea
TeaVivre Travel Gaiwan

Rating Guidelines:

100 – 90: Pantry essential and some of my all time favorites that I can’t live without.

89 – 80: You’ll have a pretty good chance of finding this is my pantry on a regular basis, but it isn’t the end of the world if I run out.

79 – 70: I might consider restocking this at some point if the price was right.

69 – 40: Not undrinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it again.

39 – 20: What in the world were they thinking? Probably still finished this just because I hate to waste anything.

19 – 0: Wow, that’s so terrible chances are pretty good I dumped it out and gave away the rest.

My current top five favorite teas:

China Black – Rishi Tea