Yet another free sample with my order. I can’t remember if I’ve ever had Sencha before. It’s delightful. Grassy tasting, but in a fresh way (not a “just mowed the lawn and now I’m dying of allergies” way). I accidentally oversteeped this (okay, not completely accidentally – after 3 minutes the water was barely colored so I left it in) but I like my tea strong and I’m okay with some slight bitterness.

I like bancha better, but this is still a good solid green tea.

8 min or more

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD