drank Vanilla Orchid by DAVIDsTEA

I am not terribly impressed with this tea. I had been drinking rooibos all day and wanted some real tea to cleanse my palate. I threw a 50 g sample of this into my cart when I splurged at DAVIDsTEA the other day on an ice tea pitcher. I love oolong, and I love vanilla – I should love this tea, right? Meh.

The vanilla flavor is oddly enough both subtle – I can taste it but the is is not tasting overpoweringly of vanilla – and not – it masks the oolong flavor. Since I drink oolong mainly to drink oolong, this was a disappointment.

I’m glad I only got the sample so I don’t have a ton of this to go through.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD