This tea is so pretty to look at in the little spice jar I put them in. The pearls are large about as wide as my thumbnail, and patterned brown and black. The smell is lovely too. The jasmine comes right to the front.

Steeped three pearls in 16 oz of water for five minutes, per the instructions on the label.

This is amazingly smooth and mellow for a black tea. Jasmine taste first, and as it rolls over my tongue, I taste a little woodsy/earth, and then a hint of bitterness as I swallow. This is just a beautiful tea.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD