drank Plum Green Tea by Ten Ren

This is a sweet tea – a very sweet tea. The first few sips are almost overly sweet but once my taste buds got used to it, the flavor mellowed out and turns slightly salty (did you know plums are salted in Chinese culture?) so it tastes almost like the salted plums I had as a child – salty sweet.

Unfortunately, as a tea, it tastes weird. I’m not sure if I’ll buy this again.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD