Sample from chrimabro. Thanks, Christina!

I’m normally a bit meh on fruit teas and this was no exception. The tea steeped for 1.5 minutes, and it was a lovely red-purple color from the berries. It smelled delicious.

Flavor wise, rather bland. The berries were very very subtle and I could barely taste them if I really concentrated. This may have been better with some sugar but I’m loathe to add sugar to tea that is actually made from Camellia sinensis because I want to taste the tea – unfortunately, this fruit masked the tea, and the tea watered down the fruit so neither was strong enough to taste.

It was still drinkable, and I did finish my mug, but I did not resteep it. I probably won’t buy this myself after the sample’s gone.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD