My first Traveling Tea Box tea. The description was so weird I had to try it!

Initial impression: Weird. But I think I like it. I feel like I shouldn’t like it but I do.

Heavy on the tomato flavor, the sage is subtler underneath it. It’s like drinking tomato soup, but in tea form. Very very strange. But a good strange. I think. My brain and tongue can’t make up their minds on what I’m tasting.

Caleb Brown

:) love this review! I admit the tomatoes are a weird ingredient, but as you’ve found, the flavor plays pretty nicely with this blend. My goal was to introduce a lovely ingredient that isn’t exactly traditional, I’m glad you enjoyed! :)

Comments

Caleb Brown

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD