drank Cha Yen Thai by Teavana

I was surprised at how light the flavor of this tea is, considering how many spices are in the tea itself. The smell of the dry tea is heavenly. The taste of the actual tea is more subtle and bland. I added a spoonful of sugar, and that helped a bit. Some half and half helped a bit more.

Overall, I would have liked this better if the flavor was stronger. It has so much promise. Everything mixed well together.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD