I got a sample tin of this from EnjoyingTea as part of their Rooibos Sampler. This is a much lighter flavor than I’m used to in rooibos – usually, the flavor is so strong! I think I like this. I can’t really taste the lavender, and the fruit is subtle.

I added a bit of sugar but it wasn’t very sweet even with that.

Short Sorceress

It took me a few cups to decide, but I really like this one because the rooibos isn’t nearly as strong as what I’m used to. It gave me hope for finding other rooibos blends that I like.

Comments

Short Sorceress

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD