So I had a whole new tasting note typed up and then Steepster ate it in a fit of pique. (Or, unstable server hosting… take your pick.)

After several months exploring the tea world and drinking oolongs from near and far, I’ve returned to this one to downgrade the rating a LOT. I’ve learned a few things, including what a really good oolong tastes like, and what I like in oolongs. This oolong from Capital Teas contains neither.

The flavor is overall rather weak and flat. It is missing the subtlety that I look for in oolongs, and is almost sour/bitter.

I won’t be repurchasing this after I’m done with the tin.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD