For a tea that is supposed to actually be tea, there is dearly little of it actually in the bag I received in the mail. I see an awful lot of apple bits with some intermittent tea leaves scattered in. Not impressed, Teavana. Apple is cheap; white tea is not. So if the ratio is about 80-90% other things: 10% tea, why then am I paying the price for what I’d expect to be more 60/40 or even 70/30?

And on top of that, the tea wasn’t that good. Very little “luau” flavor came through. I can’t taste any raspberry or pineapple, and after adding some sugar basically I tasted lightly raspberry-flavored sugar water.

Disappointing.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD