Sample teabag sipdown. This came with the catalog RoT kindly sent to my house. Hooray free tea. It’s not bad. I wish the flavor was a bit stronger – I’m mainly getting faintly spiced black tea. No pumpkin to speak of. Hmm… Oh, there is a tiny smidge of pumpkin there at the very very end and I have to pay attention.

I think what I really want is the tea version of a pumpkin spiced latte and I don’t think it exists, having tried several pumpkin spice teas. I may just break down and have some coffee and try not to taste it under the pumpkin.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD