This is delicious. The tea has a slight smokey flavor. The dates, figs, seseme, and almonds blend together subtly, and while I can sometimes pick out an individual flavor, the blended flavor is what underlies this tea.

This tea is a bit dry, but not unpleasantly. It seems to fit the smokiness.

This tea is lovely, and very evocative of an Arabian Nights-esque setting. Drinking this, the picture that forms in my mind is a smoky room, somewhere in the Middle East. Smoke from decanters floats in the air.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD