drank Winter Pine by ESP Emporium

I like this. It’s very light, and more flowery than I expected. The citrus is a nice touch and is what I notice most. The peppercorns and almonds add a little nutty and almost (but not quite) spiciness to the tea. I don’t really see this as a winter tea though, despite the name and the very Christmas-y look of the tea.

The flavors do taste a bit artificial though. I would have rated this higher except for that.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD