drank Pumpkin Spice Brulee by Teavana

So despite walking into Teavana just to get an iced drink, I impulse bought this tea. After I bought it, I remembered chrimabro telling me it wasn’t worth buying.

The tea is… odd. The spices are overpowering and a bit of a weird combination. However, with some almond milk, it tones down the spices a lot and makes it pretty damn tasty. Not sure it’s something I’ll buy again, though, considering the price. (The issue of not enough oolong to justify the price of the tea, has happens with other oolong blends at Teavana.)

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD