I’ve had a number of blueberry rooibos or honeybush teas, and this is the first one that I was willing to drink without sugar. The blueberry flavor is definitely there but it’s not sweet, more like a subtle extra that mixes with the rooibos. It’s actually almost savory.

I just added some sugar to see what that did to the taste. I think I actually prefer this tea without sweetening. The sugar makes the blueberry flavor taste artificial.

This is not my favorite rooibos but it’s passable, and good in a pinch.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD