On a chilly, overcast day when I had to reluctantly drag my butt out of bed in order to go to work, I reach for an old favorite. This is perfection in a cup. The jasmine is strong yet mellow, and the tea does taste faintly peach-like.

I just wish I had time to finish the mug before I had to run out the door.

However, drinking this chilled after work – still yummy.

TeaVivre

The most agonizing thing is that we have to leave bed in order to go to work everyday. Drinking tea can keep us awake.

Comments

TeaVivre

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD