drank Anastasia Tea by American Tea Room

Trying this again and I like it much better than last time. I think I steeped it slightly less with maybe a lower temperature water? At least, I walked back to my desk before putting in the infuser whereas I normally have the infuser in the mug when I add hot water.

This is really really nice. It’s like a flowery Earl Grey, and with a touch of natural sweetness. I take back my earlier comment about adding milk and sugar – none needed!

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD