Finally sitting down with a mug of this after a number of failed attempts to start a new sweater (counting, why you so hard tonight???), and I’m waiting for a number of new Steam games to download. So, of course, I reach for the kettle and browsed through the cupboard for something that wasn’t too heavy or caffeinated for 9:45 on a Sunday night.

This tea is lovely. It’s light and fruity and I think would taste awesome iced. Definitely taste mango and papaya mingled together. There’s a slight perfumy quality of the tea I don’t quite like, but it’s faint enough I can overlook it. I think this would be better as a summer or spring tea, rather than a mid-winter tea. But I’m enjoying it.

This is another tea from ching ching CHA, the tea house in Georgetown. I’ve been very impressed with all the teas I’ve tried from them and may have to stop by again to pick up some more. The quality of this white fruit tea is quite high and the price, as I recall, relatively quite low (I believe it was about $7 for the 2 oz. bag?).

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD