Thanks, Nicole, for the sample bag of this. It’s been floating around my bag for months and I finally remembered it and pulled it out tonight. The restaurant, when I requested tea, brought me Bigelow Green. Blech.

This is very nice – much nicer than other bagged tea I’ve tried that weren’t full leaf. The tea was full tasting, and mellow, and had a hint of spice in the aftertaste. This would be a good purse tea – stick some in my purse and pull it out when I’m in a restaurant.

I’m a tea-aholic. I’ve always loved tea. It is soothing and warm and comforting. I always had it when we went out to eat as a child so my first association is with rich and delicious food.

As an adult, I’m learning to enjoy tea on its own merits, and bask in its subtleties and varieties. The ritual of making a cup of tea is instantly relaxing.

I prefer oolong and white teas, followed by greens, and then blacks. For the most part I do not like flavored or blended teas, and I never add sugar or cream to tea from the actual tea plant.

I’m slowly learning to appreciate rooibos blends, which I drink for its anti-inflammatory properties.

Silver Spring, MD