drank Black Pu Erh by Teaopia

My first Pu Erh!! Wee!
First time I tried this I steeped it for probably 20 seconds, I was so nervous about it being too strong. I LOVED it. The red-copper cup is so pretty, and the feel of it is ridiculously silky smooth. I was expecting it to be bitter and smoky but it has this lovely medium bodied, smooth flavour that is strangely delicious! I could not have been more pleasantly surprised.

I did a second steep this morning, intending on seeing what happened after about seven minutes, but then forgot about it and went and had a shower!! Total steep time ended up being something like half an hour, and I was completely resigned to sadly having to throw it out, but a quick sip told me no, that would be silly! It was still delicious!! The cup had changed to a dark coffee colour, but bitterness was nowhere in sight!

I really didn’t expect to like Pu Erh, but after having this tea, I can safely say I love it.

Hello! I’m pretty new to the tea world. I fell in love with loose leaf tea fairly recently and started learning everything I could about it…now I work at a tea store and have discovered I am a) totally nutters about tea and b) will never know as much as I want to about it, which is everything. I am on a quest to figure out the meaning of very good tea, from very humble beginnings.

Ontario, Canada