You probably would have laughed if you saw my face when I took my first sip of this tea. It was one of those, WHOA it actually tastes like chocolate and banana, faces. Though I don’t taste artificial banana like everyone else seems to. When I think of artificial banana I think of Runts bananas. Which is surprisingly close to banana flavor for a candy but this and that are still a bit different to my tongue. Now I just have to find out whether or not it’s dairy free so that my husband can have a cup too.

150 °F / 65 °C 8 min or more
Dustin

Artificial banana flavor always reminds me of Now and Laters. That is where my love of that flavor began. I can’t remember where I heard it, but I was told that artificial banana flavor came from one random variety of banana which is why it tastes different than the bananas we are used to eating fresh. Now I want to research it. I can see a good 30 or more invested in this quest!

Skysamurai

It’s dairy free!!! The company e-mailed me back today and said there is no dairy! Woot!

Comments

Dustin

Skysamurai

Where to being… well, I’ve been drinking jasmine tea for a long time. It still remains a favorite of mine but I’ve now added any more.

Green teas are my favorite. I like black tea but generally prefer it with something added. Whites are nice. Rooibos can be a hit or miss. (Golden Honeydew by Lupicia is the best). I don’t mind herbals but it really depends on the ingredients.

Minnesota