drank Lemon Matcha by teakruthi

Aroma. Flavor. Appearance. All important aspects to good matcha. But let us begin by saying that this is not matcha. Anything made outside of Japan is not matcha. Powdered green tea this is. The aroma is lemony. Actually, it’s beyond lemon. Lemon punch to your face. The next punch is to the gut in the color. Hideous. Perhaps the green of a green olive. I’d rather eat a green olive. IS that sugar? It does not list sugar but it sure looks like sugar. The natural flavor crystalized? No idea. Out of respect for this company because they make other great tea I decided to still give it a try. Big nope. The watercolor is atrocious as well. Not that I was expecting it to magically shift to jade green. I regret putting this in my mouth. I’ve tried to rid the taste with a cookie and my husband’s zero-proof drink but it remains. Do not let this review ruin yoru thoughts toward teakruthi though. They make other teas that are suberb.

Tea is a way of life. The more you drink tea, the more you learn about tea. I’m mostly a purist but also a bit of a tea adventurist. If there is a new tea or brand to be discovered I will try it out. I love every type save for dark teas which I just can’t seem to take a fancy to. The only ones I usually refuse to try are green tea and citrus mixes. Just nope.

I’m a stay at home mom who loves gardening, exploring, and being with my family.

Minnesota