drank Cinnamon by Kusmi Tea

On my first visit to the discussion site of Steepster I found that there was a RueLaLa promotion for 50% off Kusmi Teas. (I´ve searched for the thread to thank the friend that posted it but could not find it. To make the long story short, I brought the deal, placed the order, me teas arrived perfectly and I am tasting the first one.

To give just a little background, I LOVE chais and strong flavors, so the Cinammon Kasmi sounded like a very good choice to start my day and Kasmi adventure. The result was very different, not in a bad way, just very different to what I expected.

There is no strong cinnamon flavor (Teavanish cinnamon) in the tea. This is black tea, and tastes like black tea however there is a hint of cinnamon lingering somewhere between the smell and the taste. If I try to concentrate on the smell, it goes away and the same happens to the taste, yet, it is there all the time.

I dont know how they do it, and if this will be a constant on my other Kusmi teas, but I do like it! If I worked on the “Honesty on Advertising” department I would say: This is a black tea, this tastes like a great black tea with a bonus: A layer of cinnamon that is not competing with the black tea flavor but instead complimenting it softly.

Image mongler and avid traveler. Travel photographer is the usual description for my job… but I do love to travel, explore and of course to capture images, so I am not sure if its just a job, since really its the love of my life.

Mexico City, Mexico.