Re-tasting this tea, since it’s been a few weeks. 205 degree water for two minutes. The result was similar to the Aztec hot chocolate that I had on vacation for desert: Ghiradellli hot chocolate, chilli, cinnamon, and cardamon. It’s a bit fruitier than the hot chocolate, and there might be some wood flavor, but the end result is still similar.

Bonnie

I remember going to Ghiradelli Square and watching chocolate being made when I was a teenager! There was an enormous pot of dark chocolate that I will NEVER forget …and the smell!! It still is my favorite (they are socially responsible too!)

Joshua Smith

I did that too when I was younger! My family went there when we were in California! For American chocolate they can’t be beat, but my friends in Switzerland would kill me if I claimed that they were the best in the world. ;-)

Bonnie

I usually keep lindt with sea salt in the freezer for emergencies!

Joshua Smith

Nice. I personally don’t keep much on hand, but when I do have chocolate, it’s always 0% cacao or more. I like really intense and flavorful chocolate.

Comments

Bonnie

Bonnie

I usually keep lindt with sea salt in the freezer for emergencies!

Joshua Smith

I am a university student, studying Computer Science, who found that I really enjoy a nice cup of tea. I finally got into loose-leaf tea in August of 2011. I am currently in the process of expanding my horizons, and have found that I have a particular fondness for Oolongs in general, and Wuyi Yanchas in particular. The unique mineral taste is very appealing to me, as well as a nice Sencha. More recently, I’ve developed a taste for Sheng puerh, white tea, and black teas. The only things I’ve tried that I didn’t like was Shu puerh, but that might have been because it was quite young. Regardless, I’ve been slowly expanding my horizons, so if you have any recommendations, please feel free to send me a PM.

Just for the heck of it, my other interests include classical musics (Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Verdi, Debussy, Shostakovitch, Rachmaninoff, Liszt, and Wagner, to name a few composers). I also have a fondness for a bit more modern music, like The Beatles, all Jazz (by all, I really do mean all), Gorillaz (I love Demon Days), and a couple of Indie artists you will never run across unless you play a lot of semi obscure Indie games. Also, I love cats.

Fairfax, VA