drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

The first few times I tried to grab some of this in store, they were completely sold out. So when I returned and they were fully stocked, I thought I might as well just get 100g. I’m not usually that much of a tea risk-taker, but I figured why the heck not. It smells divine and I love all of the flavours going on here.

I made a glass hot and left it to steep for about 20 mins before stashing it in the fridge to cool. I am happy to report that it is just as sweet and juicy and refreshing as everyone promised it would be! The only thing I am less than impressed with is the apple component. I think it would have been better without it, or at least with less of it. It reminds me of the apple flavour in Forever Nuts, which in turn reminds me of a baked goodsy taste that I just don’t like with the pineapple and coconut. That said, having this iced was still pure deliciousness!

I’ve made it a few times since, and experimented with steep times. After having this so very strong the first time, I find it just does not taste nearly as good with a short steep. I tried both a 5 and a 10 minute steep and they both turned out disappointingly watered down. So now I only make this if I know I have a good long time to let it sit around. I probably won’t restock, but I’m happy to have it in my stash for now!

Queer femme looking for love in the form of tea. Currently on a (seemingly never-ending) quest to convince my girlfriend of the magic of loose leaf.

Let’s see..I’m a 23 year old seemingly perma-student, having finished at university and moved on to college. I love reading. I love tea. I love reading while drinking tea. It really doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

Black tea is my all time favourite, preferably hot with milk and sugar. I like flavoured blacks the best, and my taste is embarrassingly unrefined. If it has some outlandish candy or dessert or fruity sounding name, I’m all over it. Especially things like coconut, caramel, chocolate (the usual suspects), bubblegum, cotton candy, and the list goes on. If it’s supposed to taste like something it’s not, odds are I’m going to love it. I also love a good earl grey, floral teas, and anything with currants. Love me some currants!

When it comes to iced teas I love fruity herbal blends and matés, for the most part. They are my hydration option of choice in the summer and I always have at least a glass ready for me in the fridge, if not a pitcher.

I am a self-proclaimed David’sTea fangirl, so please excuse the fact that most of my logs tend to be a little biased in their favour. I just can’t help myself, I must try all-the-tea from David’s!

I’m starting to get interested in matcha, and though I’ve loved the cups I’ve had prepared for me by others, I’ve never tried making it myself. I’m going to have to break down and order some soon, if only just to try.