This tastes a lot like candied pineapple! Which is both nice, and slightly disappointing. I was hoping for more of a juicy-fresh pineapple flavour, with some of the tartness and acidity that I associate with the fruit. I always hope for this in pineapple flavoured teas, but it’s never there. BUT it is still delicious, and refreshing, and really flavourful. I love that I can actually taste the toasty, creamy oolong base.

I had this iced along with a big old slice of tomato soup cake I had made the day before. Mm, delicious together! The rich spicy cake and tangy-sweet cream cheese frosting played well off the tropical fruity tea, and actually ended up reminding me of carrot cake. Oh how I love food and tea pairings!

Azzrian

I want the recipe for the cake!!!! Sounds GREAT!

softrevolution

I can pm you the recipe, if you’d like? Definitely worth making.

Comments

Azzrian

I want the recipe for the cake!!!! Sounds GREAT!

softrevolution

I can pm you the recipe, if you’d like? Definitely worth making.

Queer femme looking for love in the form of tea. Currently on a (seemingly never-ending) quest to convince my girlfriend of the magic of loose leaf.

Let’s see..I’m a 23 year old seemingly perma-student, having finished at university and moved on to college. I love reading. I love tea. I love reading while drinking tea. It really doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

Black tea is my all time favourite, preferably hot with milk and sugar. I like flavoured blacks the best, and my taste is embarrassingly unrefined. If it has some outlandish candy or dessert or fruity sounding name, I’m all over it. Especially things like coconut, caramel, chocolate (the usual suspects), bubblegum, cotton candy, and the list goes on. If it’s supposed to taste like something it’s not, odds are I’m going to love it. I also love a good earl grey, floral teas, and anything with currants. Love me some currants!

When it comes to iced teas I love fruity herbal blends and matés, for the most part. They are my hydration option of choice in the summer and I always have at least a glass ready for me in the fridge, if not a pitcher.

I am a self-proclaimed David’sTea fangirl, so please excuse the fact that most of my logs tend to be a little biased in their favour. I just can’t help myself, I must try all-the-tea from David’s!

I’m starting to get interested in matcha, and though I’ve loved the cups I’ve had prepared for me by others, I’ve never tried making it myself. I’m going to have to break down and order some soon, if only just to try.