Thanks to tattooed_tea for the generous sample of this goodness!

As soon as I opened my swap package I was hit in the face with a delicious cotton candy scent. Yum! It smelled even better when I opened the bag itself; sweet, creamy spun sugar! I was so excited to try it.

I did a hot steep for four mins and then stuck it right in the fridge. Most of the reviews I had read said that the cotton candy flavour comes out more as it cools, so I figured I might as well try it iced for my first cup.

I tried it straight first, but ended up adding the tiniest bit of agave. That really brought the sweetness out and made it perfect! The first thing I tasted was the smooth black tea base, followed by the unmistakeable cotton candy-ness. It’s tasty and refreshing, but I wish the flavouring were a little stronger. Especially because the hint of it that I got was so so good.

I had been wanting to try this for so long, I’m really glad I finally got to! Cotton candy is my favourite flavour and it’s really bang on in this. I wish it were still available, I’d like to be able to have it on hand for cravings! Next I’m going to give it a try hot with milk and sugar and see how that compares.

Queer femme looking for love in the form of tea. Currently on a (seemingly never-ending) quest to convince my girlfriend of the magic of loose leaf.

Let’s see..I’m a 23 year old seemingly perma-student, having finished at university and moved on to college. I love reading. I love tea. I love reading while drinking tea. It really doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

Black tea is my all time favourite, preferably hot with milk and sugar. I like flavoured blacks the best, and my taste is embarrassingly unrefined. If it has some outlandish candy or dessert or fruity sounding name, I’m all over it. Especially things like coconut, caramel, chocolate (the usual suspects), bubblegum, cotton candy, and the list goes on. If it’s supposed to taste like something it’s not, odds are I’m going to love it. I also love a good earl grey, floral teas, and anything with currants. Love me some currants!

When it comes to iced teas I love fruity herbal blends and matés, for the most part. They are my hydration option of choice in the summer and I always have at least a glass ready for me in the fridge, if not a pitcher.

I am a self-proclaimed David’sTea fangirl, so please excuse the fact that most of my logs tend to be a little biased in their favour. I just can’t help myself, I must try all-the-tea from David’s!

I’m starting to get interested in matcha, and though I’ve loved the cups I’ve had prepared for me by others, I’ve never tried making it myself. I’m going to have to break down and order some soon, if only just to try.