Another sipdown! This tea is such a tease. The dry scent is all in your face with its chocolatey deliciousness. Mm seriously, the best chocolate. And it gets me every time I have a cup! I open the envelope, take a big sniff, and hope that maybe this time it tastes anywhere near as delicious as it smells. But, sigh, it never does.

This particular tea has the worst case of the floaties I have ever seen. Ohhh lordy, don’t make the mistake of inspecting your cup too much. Way too many oil slicks and chocolate ickies swirling around for comfort.

Taste wise, it’s a meeehhh at best. Drinkable, but disappointing. It tastes a lot like watered down hot chocolate, and I don’t get much of the black tea base at all. I feel like this one could have been amazing, if only they had stuck to flavourings rather than floaties to make this more true to its name.

PatchworkSheep

THAT’S the disappointing part of this tea, is that although its a delicious tea, it’s not the hot chocolate you expect it to taste like. I love it but sometimes wish I’d just made a cup of hot chocolate instead because I expect it to be super chocolatey, and as a tea it just can’t be as chocolatey as hot chocolate.

softrevolution

Agree completely! I’d rather have either a tea or a hot chocolate, not some disappointing combo of the two.

Comments

PatchworkSheep

softrevolution

Queer femme looking for love in the form of tea. Currently on a (seemingly never-ending) quest to convince my girlfriend of the magic of loose leaf.

Let’s see..I’m a 23 year old seemingly perma-student, having finished at university and moved on to college. I love reading. I love tea. I love reading while drinking tea. It really doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

Black tea is my all time favourite, preferably hot with milk and sugar. I like flavoured blacks the best, and my taste is embarrassingly unrefined. If it has some outlandish candy or dessert or fruity sounding name, I’m all over it. Especially things like coconut, caramel, chocolate (the usual suspects), bubblegum, cotton candy, and the list goes on. If it’s supposed to taste like something it’s not, odds are I’m going to love it. I also love a good earl grey, floral teas, and anything with currants. Love me some currants!

When it comes to iced teas I love fruity herbal blends and matés, for the most part. They are my hydration option of choice in the summer and I always have at least a glass ready for me in the fridge, if not a pitcher.

I am a self-proclaimed David’sTea fangirl, so please excuse the fact that most of my logs tend to be a little biased in their favour. I just can’t help myself, I must try all-the-tea from David’s!

I’m starting to get interested in matcha, and though I’ve loved the cups I’ve had prepared for me by others, I’ve never tried making it myself. I’m going to have to break down and order some soon, if only just to try.